THE SKINNY ON H2O
We all know that we should drink water. But what are the benefits of staying hydrated, and how can you make it easier to drink enough water every day?
1) Water helps you lose weight. When you don’t drink enough water, your liver is forced to help your kidneys detoxify the body. If you are well hydrated, your kidneys can do the job on their own, allowing the liver to metabolize the fat your body has stored.
Tip: Battling to drink water? Herbex’s Fat Burn Concentrate turns water into a great-tasting, fat-burning drink – perfect to sip on during the day to keep you refreshed and hydrated.
2) Water makes your tummy look flatter. When you’re not drinking enough water, your body retains it to make sure it has the hydration it needs, which can make you puffy and bloated.
Tip: Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink water. By the time thirst sets in, your body is already dehydrated.
3) Water makes your skin look radiant. While water may not be the fountain of youth, it will improve dry skin and cracked lips, and help preserve your skin’s elasticity and tone.
In short: Stay hydrated to keep that youthful glow.
4) Water helps your kidneys do their job. Kidneys need lots of water to keep you healthy by ridding the body of toxins.
Tip: You’ll know you’re getting enough water when your urine is pale yellow and odourless.
5) Water makes you smarter. When you’re dehydrated, your brain is not getting the oxygen it needs and you become cloudy and fatigued.
In short: Drink enough water and you’ll feel clear-headed and alert throughout the day.
6) Water makes you stronger. When you’re dehydrated, your muscles do not receive as much oxygen as they need to function properly and they become easily fatigued.
In short: Drink at least two cups of water two hours before physical activity and you’ll be able to work out longer and harder.